Are you doing any travels for spring? Or, are you making travels plans for later in the year? Do you have restless feet or an incurable desire for adventures?
We love travel because it exposes us to new ideas, new cultures, and new people ….
We hope to inspire a sense of belonging to this place that you are going to or have just landed in ….
To get your heart to beat a little bit of London or Paris or Tokyo or Hong Kong or wherever you may be even if you are making only a short trip, even if you are travelling for work …
How much fun it is to see things with fresh eyes …
We do ask you to bring with you one thing that you must not leave out of your baggage and that is empathy …
Here are some quotes loved by Madeleine the Travelista … join the movement …
- Andre Gide: “Man cannot discover new oceans unless he has the courage to lose sight of the shore.”
- Roy M Goodman: “Remember that happiness is a way of travel – not a destination.”
- Confucius: “Wherever you go, go with all your heart.”
- Mark Twain: “Explore. Dream. Discover.”
- Chief Seattle: “Take only memories, leave only footprints.”
- Saint Augustine: “The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page.”
- J.R.R. Tolkien: “Not all those who wander are lost.”
- Lewis Carroll: “No, no! The adventures first, explanations take such a dreadful time.” (Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland & Through the Looking-Glass)
- Robert Louis Stevenson: “There are no foreign lands. It is the traveler only who is foreign”
- Henry David Thoreau: “It’s not what you look at that matters. It’s what you see.”
- Marcel Proust: “The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new landscapes, but in having new eyes”.
Which of these is your favourite?